The Polish Heritage Society
Polish Anthropological Conference - 10 November 2014
The Royal Anthropological Institute (RAI) organised the first United Kingdom conference of Polish Anthropology (10th November 2014).
Marek Rencki, Director of the Polish Heritage Society, is a Fellow of the Royal Anthropological Institute (FRAI), having received the Fellowship for his dissertation on Uganda in 1973.
Poland has a very prestigious Anthropology academic reputation and the following 7 Polish Professors & Leading Academic Researchers attended and spoke at the London-based conference (summary of each lecture listed below) :
- Michal Bukowski, Adam Mickiewicz University (Poznan) & President of the European Association of Social Anthropologists
- Anna Malewska-Szalygin, University of Warsaw
- Marcin Lubas, Jagiellonian University (Krakow) & Head of Institute of Sociology
- Monika Baer, Jagiellonian University (Krakow)
- Marcin Brocki, Jagiellonian University (Krakow)
- Kacper Poblocki, Adam Mickiewicz University (Poznan)
- Hana Cervinkova, University of Lower Silesia (Wroclaw)
The RAI is located at 50 Fitzroy Street, London W1T 5BT.
The lecture rooms are limited to 40 attendants , and all 40 seats were booked within 3 days. Apart from the 7 Polish lecturing Professors, 5 Polish students (including former students) based in the UK attended the conference, whilst the remaining 35 seats were taken mainly by British academics. The conference lasted all day (10am – 5pm).